Nest Thermostat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointed with learning

2 posters

Go down

Disappointed with learning Empty Disappointed with learning

Post  Admin Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Even though our Nest is installed in the main hallway on the first floor, it doesn't seem to believe that we are awake and need heat. It seems like it heavily leans toward "auto-away." So I input my own schedule online, but the Nest changed it. It basically wiped out the morning heat-up period. You know, those couple of hours between waking and going to work. It decided we didn't need to be warm then. I changed it back manually and am considering turning the "learning" function off.

Admin
Admin

https://nestthermostat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Disappointed with learning Empty Re: Disappointed with learning

Post  Sac D Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:12 am

Admin wrote:Even though our Nest is installed in the main hallway on the first floor, it doesn't seem to believe that we are awake and need heat. It seems like it heavily leans toward "auto-away." So I input my own schedule online, but the Nest changed it. It basically wiped out the morning heat-up period. You know, those couple of hours between waking and going to work. It decided we didn't need to be warm then. I changed it back manually and am considering turning the "learning" function off.

Isn't there a way to customize instances such as you described while retaining the learning mode? I thought I saw a statement by someone describing a work around for a situation like that. Hmmm...
Sac D
Sac D

Back to top Go down

Disappointed with learning Empty Turned learning off

Post  Admin Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:28 pm

I couldn't find a work-around, so I ended up turning the learning mode off. Now it sticks to the schedule that I programmed through the web interface. It works great. I love being able to communicate with my Nest by phone, so I can start the heat when I know we'll be home early. We were away on vacation and my brother stopped by our house in a surprise overnight because of a big snowstorm on their ski vacation. I was able to turn the heat on and have the house warm before his family arrived.

Still, I am disappointed with the learning process, but I guess it is for less technology savvy people who don't know how to set the schedule themselves.

Admin
Admin

https://nestthermostat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Disappointed with learning Empty Re: Disappointed with learning

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down