Nest Thermostat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wireless sensor

3 posters

Go down

wireless sensor Empty wireless sensor

Post  poppap Thu May 10, 2012 11:53 pm

I would like to have a wireless sensor unit. I have a central HVAC, the thermostat is located in the living room downstairs. The temp in the bedroom upstairs is a lot different when the heating is on comparing to where the thermostat is downstair...

poppap

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty I'll buy another nest as soon as remote sensor available

Post  scamper Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:21 pm

I'll buy another nest as soon as remote sensor available

scamper

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty Re: wireless sensor

Post  Kevinlane Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 pm

I second this desire to have a smaller remote sensor.
I'd buy a couple of them if you could "prioritize" which one controls the temp for however long on certain days.

Kevinlane

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty +1

Post  charette Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:09 pm

i to wish i could have remote sensors
the worst part is that
even if you wanted to use a second nest as a remote sensor
it wont do the trick
it must be connected to a heat/cool source
while the tstats work together only 1 can be used per heat/cool source
pleae allow having one set temp but regulate the temp from the currently active room

example
basement would be different temp than bedroom

so when you go to bed the active tstat should be the bedroom

charette

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty remote sensor

Post  noob Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:39 pm

I agree.
A remote sensor would be very beneficial so that you could actually control the temperature where you are rather than where the thermostat is. (not in my living room)

noob

Back to top Go down

Post  JazJon Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:49 pm

+1
Our third floor townhome nest is in the hall between the two bedrooms. Bedroom 1 likes it warm, Bedroom two likes it cold and keeps its room vents manually closed. If the bedroom doors stay closed when we sleep how will nest know when bedroom 1 reaches the Desired heat temp? A remote sensor would solve this problem. It's a three story townhome with one nest per floor. The vents of floors 1 & 2 are Automatically closed if 1 & 2 two nests are turned off. But again nest 3 is at the top of the third floor stairs between the bedrooms. (And only one bedroom wants heat at night)

JazJon

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin C Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:16 pm

I agree. This feature would be really useful.

Justin C

Back to top Go down

Post  BBrally Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:39 pm

+1

BBrally

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty Re: Wireless Sensor

Post  CoLa Nester Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:36 pm

I would like to have the ability to monitor several temperatures throughout my home and have the data available via the Nest app (similar to the Ecobee Smart tstat). Would like to be able to trend or graph these temperatures over time as well. This would greatly enhance the usefulness of this unit.

CoLa Nester

Back to top Go down

Post  JazJon Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Well hopefully Nest is listening, this thread seems to have the most views for new features. The people have spoken! Please Please innovate and add an add on remote sensor pronto. Smile

JazJon

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty Need remote wifi sensor!!

Post  JK Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 pm

I agree we need wifi sensors to be placed in areas that you frequent!! My thermostat is in an obscure place that I never walk by. This help I'm prove the performance of my nest!! Please help. I would rather pay nest 50 bucks for a remote sensor than pay an electrician 100 bucks to hack my walls to move the unit!! Thanks!!

JK

Back to top Go down

Post  JazJon Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:16 am

JazJon

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty Remote sensor

Post  Shiloh58 Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:24 pm

I want a remote sensor to regulate the temp of my radiant floor. The air temp is no good. The air is warm and the floor is cold.

Shiloh58

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty REmote sensors plz

Post  TJ55 Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:41 am

Need multiple remote sensors. Thermostat should regulate temp based on AVG of sensor temps.

TJ55

Back to top Go down

Post  JazJon Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 am

TJ55 wrote:Need multiple remote sensors. Thermostat should regulate temp based on AVG of sensor temps.

I guess they want to keep things simple, but come on. Give the power users some options please! We HAVE the technology. Let's make it happen in 2013. The "advanced" stuff can be hidden easily from the non techies.

P.S. looks like this Wireless Sensor thread in the feature request section has the most views so far. (just saying)

JazJon

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty remote sensor

Post  sdet Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 pm

My existing thermostats are in the master closet with remote sensors in the master bedroom and in one of the upstairs bedrooms.

I'd love to use a couple Nest and not have to walk to the other side of the house all the time.. wifi would be killer.. but without the sensors, I'm stuck..

sdet

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty Remote Sensor For Nest

Post  Nest Customer Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:17 am

How about adding a remote sensor for the nest to the smoke alarms?

Nest Customer

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty wireless sensor

Post  rkmeister Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:32 pm

I am also interested in a remote sensor. The front room of my condo has big windows and gets a lot of sun (which is where the thermostat is) and the back rooms are always cold. I considered moving the thermostat, but that would just create the opposite issue. Something that allows the temperature to be collected by other sensors/rooms and tracks when they are needed/used would be great.

I am considering Ecobee, but I also like how the Nest works with Kevo (another item on the automation/eco list).

rkmeister

Back to top Go down

wireless sensor Empty Remote sensors please!!!!! Ecobee offers remote saensors for their thermostat right now!

Post  Nestinator Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:02 pm

I have a bi-level and the basement is ALWAYS much cooler than upstairs.
I searched google for remote sensors for nest and landed on this forum.
It is a no-brainer to add this feature (hopefully on a 2nd gen nest and 1st)
I can say for certain that if Nest requires the purchase of a newer version of the thermostat, then they will lose me as a customer, the Ecobee is getting fantastic reviews and offers this functionality right now.
I will wait a while to see what Nest does in response but I am really looking at the Ecobee, just cant stand the though of throwing away a $250 investment in my 2nd gen nest.

theregister.co.uk/2015/06/22/ecobee3_if_you_want_a_smart_thermostat_this_is_likely_the_one_for_you/

Nestinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum