Nest Thermostat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Video system after NEST install

2 posters

Go down

Problem with Video system after NEST install Empty Problem with Video system after NEST install

Post  Nest 201 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Bought the Nest on a whim ...It was an easy-to-install solution to our automation desires.

BUT.....we started noticing that our home theater system kept muting the audio for the system. It was maddening...but I noticed a constant blink on the IR receiver...so I knew I was getting interference, but I suspected a CFL bulb. After a couple days of troubleshooting, I kept asking myself "what has changed?" ...of course, it was my new Nest thermostat!!

I did confirm the culpability of the thermostat and am wondering how to solve the problem since the thermostat is mounted opposite the AV system.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Or come up with an elegant solution?

Thanks,

Dave

Nest 201

Back to top Go down

Problem with Video system after NEST install Empty Could Nest interfere with IR?

Post  gregarne Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:35 am

Having the same issue. The IR system in our home is overwhelmed with commands. Think the addition of a second Nest thermostat and something else the changed recently is causing the problem.

Nest Technical Support seems to think the Nest is not transmitting any IR signals and could not be the problem.

Looking for advice on this.

thanks

gregarne

Back to top Go down

Problem with Video system after NEST install Empty Try Digital Camera

Post  mdfavionics Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:37 pm

IR cannot be seen with the naked eye, but a digital camera WILL show it. Try your phone camera or standard pocket camera to see if IR is being emitted. I haven't tried mine yet, but I will the first chance I get.

mdfavionics

Back to top Go down

Problem with Video system after NEST install Empty Nest teardown

Post  PenManH Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Do a search for the title of this post. There you'll find info that shows the Nest as having IR communication capability.
PH

PenManH

Back to top Go down

Problem with Video system after NEST install Empty Re: Problem with Video system after NEST install

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down